Thursday, June 10, 2010

Handling Guests

As a wedding planner I am always amazed at how inconsiderate guests can be. I've organized a wedding where the guest list was limited because of the venue so the bride carefully picked her closest friends to share in the joy. You would think that these are the true friends who are here to celebrate with the couple.. Lo and behold during the wedding dinner the same "true" friends are bitching about her gown, her "goldfish" snatch, her everything. What is the point then to spend money of people who are superficial.

Inconsiderate in another sense are guests/ family who insist that the couple pick them up from the hotel/ airport/ shopping mall. Or guests who cancel or add on at the last minute. Or guests who complain about the heat/ mosquitoes/ food. People !! The wedding is about the couple. Would you please refrain from spoiling their big day ?

As a bride, I am only inviting my "true" friends (I hope) to the wedding. I'm being a bit anal about giving all my guests all the info they need to enjoy themselves. The one thing I hate is for people to be standing at the side of the road trying to decide what to do for the day or wondering what time is the wedding. I've already warned my guests (yes warned - they are suppose to be my "true" friends after all) that if they have any queries ask now and not during ... yes  DURING the wedding, I'm the bride and I'm the queen, and you will deal with my wedding planner. Yes even the wedding planner needs a wedding planner.

Who doesn't ? Do you really want to be worrying about the flowers , the decor, the food on your big day? You want to be drinking champagne, lounging by the pool and chilling with your mates. Anyone who thinks of planning their wedding without a planner is really ambitious.

** Photo of wedding by See Toh Kok Hoe

No comments:

Post a Comment